If you have lived in Tampa for any length of time, you’ve already realized how much you rely on your air conditioner. You might even find yourself in the situation of needing to install a larger HVAC system or more AC units to keep your living or workspace cool and habitable. Whether you need a complete system overhaul or just a few more independent AC units, don’t be tempted to go the DIY route. There are many costly mistakes that professional AC installation Tampa can avoid.
These are the most common errors made during AC installation.
- Installing the wrong size unit – a unit that is too small for your home will have to work harder and wear out sooner. A unit that is too large will short-cycletoo often which will also cause unnecessary wear and tear. A licensed trained HVAC technician will be able to recommend the correctly-sized units for your needs.
- Failing to create an efficient drainage system –the drainage system is crucial to protect your home from water damage issues like deteriorating drywall and the growth of mold and mildew.
- Incorrect thermostat installation –the location really does matter. The thermostat should be mounted in a spot that is out of the way of vents and drafts and sheltered from the sun so that it will render accurate temperature readings.
- Faulty duct work – not sealing the ducts correctly will impair the flow of the forced air throughoutyour home and greatly reduce the efficiency of your HVAC system.
- Improper vent placement –vents need to be spread out evenly throughout your home and located where they will not be blocked.
Air 24/7 Air Conditioning & Heating employs only licensed, insured, and bonded HVAC technicians who can complete your AC installation Tampa efficiently and correctly. We can also set up a routine maintenance schedule for your system and we are available for 24-hour emergency service. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.