24/7 AC Service
Living in Tampa means that your AC or HVAC unit has to run efficiently and properly every day. You want your home to maintain a comfortable temperature, but you also want to keep your energy costs as low as possible. Did you know that there are some common myths about air conditioning use that will cost you money? It’s true! While failing to provide Air 24/7 Air Conditioning & Heating service and maintenance for your unit cost money in preventable repairs, misusing or overworking your AC unit also drives up your energy bills.
Let’s take a look at some common air conditioning myths and why they waste your money.
- Turning your thermostat to the coldest setting will cool your home quicker –your AC unit will run at the same pace regardless of where the thermostat is set. The best way to save money is to keep the thermostat set closer to or just below the outside temperature.
- You can save energy by turning the AC off when you are gone –this just makes your AC work harder to combat the heat when you do return home. You will save more money by turning the thermostat up a few degrees while you are gone instead of turning the unit completely off.
- The bigger the better having an AC unit that is too large for your space will cause the compressor to cycle in faster intervals and wear out quicker. The best choice is an AC unit that is the correct size for your home.
- Air conditioning causes illnesses –colds are caused by viruses, not cold temperatures as their name suggests. Germs, bacteria, and allergens cause sickness and breathing problems.
- It’s not necessary to replace the air filters very often – dirty clogged air filters make your AC unit work harder. Following the manufacturer’s guidelines regarding filter cleaning and replacement is the best way to keep the quality of the air inside your home healthier.
- It doesn’t matter where the thermostat is located in the thermostat is near a heat source or in the sun, it will not give accurate readings of the room temperature and may cause you to waste energy.
- Let the current AC unit fail before replacing it –replacing a unit that is in constant need of repairs and doesn’t function well will cost more money in the beginning but will save more money in the long run.
- Keeping vents closed in unused rooms will keep the rest of the house cooler –closing vents disrupts the flow of air into each room and can make the AC unit work harder. You will likely only keep the air ducts cold by closing the vents.
- Regularly scheduled AC maintenance is a waste of money and time – replacing an AC or HVAC unit is far more expensive compared to the costs of maintaining it.
- AC units only cool air –AC units do double duty to also remove humidity from the air. In climates like Florida, that is essential and worth safeguarding through proper care and maintenance.
Air 24/7 Air Conditioning & Heating is your top choice for Air 24/7 Air Conditioning & Heating and emergency repairs. All of our experienced HVAC technicians are licensed, bonded, and insured. Contact us or visit our website today to schedule an appointment for service.